Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Gift.

We took a trip to Colorado for a gift.


We barely Fit in my Honda Fit


We crossed the Great Plains


and navigated tall mountains.


We contemplated our place in the universe

and were blessed by one another

We saw glorious sights

and told stories before bed

We discovered towns we loved and want to visit together over and over again.


We met up with some of our favorite people

But, most of all, we loved one another and shared our wonder of the world around us.


...which was the gift we were looking for.

"Yeah, I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."
- Hunter S. Thompson from a Salon.com interview in 2003

1 comment:

Meg said...

What a journey! So nice to see photos of your tribe.

It's our last month of winter here and although I have been loving the cold, I can't wait for camping season to start.